Thursday, September 2, 2010

Romantic Crush


I have a good friend from Germany and ever since he was a young boy, he was in love with Japan. He watched their animes, listened to their music, bought shirts from Japanese companies and learnt Japanese. Unsurprisingly, his life's dream was to travel to Japan. He was fascinated by the country and loved it unconditionally, even though he has never been there nor fully experienced its culture before. My boyfriend always told him that he's carrying an overly romantic idea of Japan.

I have that sort of crush too. I am absolutely smitten with San Francisco but I don't know anyone from there, I don't know of anything beyond the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay. Still, I want to visit or stay there for a period of time. And I can trace this fascination and romantic crush to the blogs that I have been frequenting, like Blushing Ambition, that hail from the bay. Somehow, the pictures I see scream out everything that I love and want- Sun, creativity and that little magic that special places have, like Venice and Montreal. I have no idea when I will finally visit and if it really is as special of a place as I think it is. Nonetheless, it is nice to have a special place to hold in your heart and believe that it is absolutely magical and the place for you.



0 comments:

About This Blog

Short, little stories about people, life, world.

Credits to Gunnar Falk for photographs

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP